Without our supporters, we couldn’t grow thousands of pounds of organic produce, provide job training to 40 people each year, or achieve a 93% job placement rate like we did in Cohort 2 of 2013! Thank you for being part of our mission to change lives through organic agriculture.
People like you make it possible for our organization to grow.
Your investment demonstrates that you care about bringing the benefits of local, organic food production to Chicago’s communities – making our neighborhoods more resilient, creating jobs, improving health, and helping real, valuable people get the support they need to improve their lives.
Making a gift to Growing Home is easy- choose the best and most convenient option for you.
Go to our website and donate via PayPal here. It’s quick, easy and secure..
Consider becoming a monthly donor to sustain our mission throughout the year. All you have to do is click the “Make This Recurring -Monthly” button next to the dollar amount on Paypal, and your gift will be automatically deducted each month.
For more information on donating online or making monthly gifts, call 773.549.1336 or E-mail Natalie Edwards.
Give by Mail
Mail your donation to: Growing Home at 2732 N. Clark, Suite 310, Chicago, IL 60614.
Please also include a brief note indicating the purpose of your gift, and anything else we should know.
Give a Tribute or Memorial
A gift to Growing Home is a great way to mark an accomplishment, celebration, or milestone. We would be proud to honor your friends and relatives by recognizing your gift to Growing Home in their honor.
Please fill out a Tribute and Memorial Form, to provide us with more information about who you are honoring. You can return the form by Mail (along with your check), or make the donation online and send the corresponding Tribute and Memorial Form to us via e-mail or Fax (773.904.7728). A tax receipt will be sent to you, and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to the person you are honoring.
Give in Kind
Interested in supporting Growing Home’s job training program and organic farms with in-kind support? We are always looking for donations of farm and household equipment, office supplies, vehicles in good working order, and more. If you have any items you think might be useful to our farms or job training program, please contact us.
Amazon Wish List: For specific items our program currently needs, check out our Wish List on Amazon compiled by Growing Home staff members.
We are also looking for in-kind donations of the following items :
- In-Kind Graphic Design and Printing Services for post cards, signs, and other promotional materials
- In-Kind IT Support (10-16 hours)
- New or Nearly New Computers and Laptops (monitors not needed)
- Farm and Garden Equipment (please contact us to see what our current needs are)
- 15 passenger van with removable seats
- Pick-up truck with back bed-topper for transporting CSA shares
- Contribution towards hiring an artist to paint murals on the viaducts near the Wood St. and Honore St. farms, to promote neighborhood peace, safety and community. ($3,000 total)
Consider helping us cover costs for our Job Training Program! Below are some of the certifications, licenses and other supportive items that help our Production Associates obtain jobs:
- $100 – Honorarium to fund guest speakers for Job Training courses
- $50 – GED Exam Registration
- $20 – GED Study Materials
- $240 – ServSafe Food Safety Manager Exam Registration
- $70 – ServeSafe Food Safety Course Book
- $50-$99 – OHSA Forklift Operator Certificate
- $30 – Illinois Driver’s License
- $60 – Commercial Driver’s License
Take your giving to the next level!
Growing Home recently received a very generous matching grant from an anonymous donor for up to $70,000! This is an incredible opportunity for us to double our impact by growing more produce, offering job training to our interns, and providing access to healthy food for our neighbors in Englewood and throughout Chicago.
Here’s How You Can Double Your Impact:
- If you have never donated before, donate now! Every dollar you give now will be doubled.
- If you have donated before, but could give a little bit more, donate now! Every dollar over what you gave in 2012 will be doubled.
Additionally, many employers offer matching gift programs. Ask your company if they might match your initial gift, and increase your impact to change lives through organic agriculture.
Growing Home is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. A receipt will be mailed to you after your donation is received.
Please call us at 773.549.1336 if you have any questions or require any assistance.
Thank you so much for your support!